sunshine template

Friday, October 7, 2011

2nd Birthday Party a Success!

Since I made a shirt for Lucas' 1st birthday, I decided to continue a second time and make it a tradition.
I can't believe it's already October! The weather sure changed fast and Summer seems a distant memory. I survived another birthday party for my special boy. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed every part of the planning and the party. And despite the bipolar weather (sun, rain, wind, hail, repeat) I think the kids had a blast and I know Lucas enjoyed running through the puddles. We rented the shelter at a local park and thank God it was a nice one. And I'm glad I went through with the park and didn't change my mind and plan it at the house. It would have been very crowded! My mom and my brother Isaiah came in the morning to help with the boys and help me set up. I'm so thankful for a creative mom! She went right to work setting up the tables. Unfortunately, the wind was destroying the table scape but we were able to improvise and make it work. After all, the kids really don't care. I was really happy people still came despite the weather. I was really worried, plus I got a few phone calls that morning from sick people who weren't coming. We probably had 10-12 people cancel because of sore throats and headaches! People started arriving shortly after 1pm and everyone ate while the kids played on the playground. Then the kids broke the pinata, after several tries. It was really cute though, to see the little kids try so hard. Lucas had a hard time understanding that others needed a turn too. But after a few rounds the bigger kids got it open and there were lots of goodies for them. Then we did the cake, though Lucas couldn't blow out candles because we couldn't keep them lit with all the wind. Next I tried to get Lucas to open presents. He got through one, saw it was a train, and he was happy with the one. I didn't want to force him to open gifts when he was having such a fun time. But after a while Josh was able to convince him to open presents, by telling him there were cars in all the bags. Which, there pretty much was a car, train or truck in every bag.=) He also got lots of clothes (mama loves clothes!) a guitar, a Thomas rain coat and rain boots from Grammy and lots of construction trucks and dozers. It was such a fun day for my sweet boy. Thanks to everyone who came and big thanks for all the special gifts. Lucas is still playing daily with the train set that his friend Carter got him he's always pulling out a truck or car to occupy himself.






Lucas and cousin Hunter eating lunch together.

Josh's dad Jim, Hunter, Josh and Lucas-The Corkrey's!

I worked the whole week before the party on these marshmallow and cake (gluten free!) pops. I hope someone else got a better picture than this! They were delicious though!

Lucas and Hunter watching the other kids hit the pinata while enjoying the marshmallow pops. Lucas had been asking ALL week for one of the pops but I held out for the party.
The birthday boy got to go first!

My friend Amber makes amazing cakes! I did the race cars and some of the detail work but she did the hard stuff like covering the whole cake and the red rope.

And of course lil' brother Channing had to have race car shirt






No comments:

Post a Comment