sunshine template

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lucas and Channing update

  This Saturday, Channing will be 5 months old. FIVE months! I really can't believe it. The first 5 months of Lucas' life seemed much longer. Maybe it was the sleep deprivation--up all hours of the night, sleeping late into the morning, hopefully fitting in a nap or two. Or maybe the constant crying. Thanks to God for hearing many prayers from myself and those close to us, that Channing wouldn't have such a rough start. And also thanks to God that Lucas is an amazing sleeper now, he sleeps until 7:30 or 8:30am and often takes 3 hour naps. Channing is also a boy after my own heart and doesn't like getting up before 9am.=) But he is a cat napper most of the time. Every so often, he surprises me and takes a nap for an hour or two but it's rarely during Lucas' nap so there's not much quiet time for me. Except late at night, which is why this is posting after 11pm.
   Channing is growing so fast. He started rice cereal just last week. The first feeding, he ate some but wasn't really interested and pushed out most of it with his tongue. The second feeding he ate all of it and the third, just today, he ate two bowls! It's not a lot to us, a bowl is equivalent to maybe half of a tablespoon, but it's a lot for his little tummy. He also started opening his mouth as I move the spoon towards him. He's got it figured out.=) On Halloween, he rolled from back to tummy for the first time and by the next day he was rolling all over the place. Then just a few days ago he started lifting himself on just his hands and feet, belly and legs completely off the ground! He's already trying to crawl! I may have a crawler by Christmas. Lucas crawled around 6 months but I don't think he started practicing this soon. He's ready to start chasing Lucas around! Channing is so alert, loves to smile and be talked to by anyone who is willing. LOVES to eat, I'm constantly nursing him, which is why he has so many adorable rolls. He is now able to sit in the walker/play center and Lucas loves playing with the little toys with him. It's really precious. Channing also loves to be held and snuggled (thank you Jesus for a snuggler!). Sometimes I'll be holding him on my hip and get so involved with something, I forget he's there because he's so quiet and content.
   Lucas is figuring out life as a two year old. He's busy, busy, busy. Did I mention he's into everything?! But these days it's not always for exploring. Most of the time he's getting into something I've asked him dozens of times not to touch. And as I remind him again, "Lucas, get down" or "put that back" or "don't touch", he looks at me out of the corner of his eye with a smirk that loudly says, "I can hear you, but I don't care, I'm going to do the exact opposite of what you're telling me". We're into some challenging days. I really felt like we were turning a corner around Channing's two month birthday, Lucas was listening and obeying really well. But the past two weeks, he's reverted back but then took it to another level with the outright disobeying. By the end of the day, I am done. I often wonder how single parents do it. I'm not sure I could. I feel like I can barely do it now. But thankfully, beyond all the "terrible 2" stuff, Lucas is so fun! He loves to run and jump. Our new thing is dancing and he tries to snap his fingers, it's so cute! I'll post a video as soon as I get it off of my camera. He's putting more and more words together every day and learning at least one new word a day. It's so cute to hear him say certain words. Sometimes they come out almost perfect and then sometimes I wonder how on earth he got that out of that word! He's independent, helpful, busy, curious, a dare-devil...absolutely precious.
   I'm so thankful for Josh and my sweet boys. This is probably the testing time in my life thus far but it's also the most fun and joyous time ever. I'm loving being a mommy and I'm beginning to enjoy my housewife duties more and more. I love making dinner from scratch as often as possible. I love when I'm able to complete a lot of tasks in one day. I love when we can just stay home all day, in our pajamas, and just be. I look forward to the days when we can do more craft projects (so far, we've done color crayons and paint, neither of which last for more than 5-10 minutes), bake and cook together.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment